From How Recovery Happens:
Our stories detail what life was like in active addiction, how we found recovery, and what has changed since we began working the W.A. program. We hope that you decide that you want what we have and are willing to take the Steps necessary in order to get it for yourself. We now know that we deal with an obsession that is destined to overwhelm us if we do not ask for help. Half measures availed us nothing, but we recovered when we surrendered completely to something greater than ourselves.
W.A. Newcomers...you are not alone!
- Discover if you are a workaholic: the Twenty Questions can help with the process of self-identification. (Las Veinte Preguntas en Español)
- Read W.A. literature - including our pamphlets, Book of Recovery, and Book of Discovery - to better understand the nature of the disease and the process of recovery.
- Find a local meeting by country and region. If there are no meetings near you, please commence your recovery journey via our international phone and internet meetings.
- Start a meeting of your own! You can order a New Meeting Starter Kit from our online store. Please make sure to register any new meetings so that we can add you to our contact list and so that other workaholics can find you.
- Stay connected with e-subscriptions to Living in Balance (monthly newsletter) and STORY LINE (quarterly journal of writings by members of the fellowship) - or read back issues online.